Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Simplicity 2172 - jacket turned vest

 So my daughter is into cosplay and wants to achieve a similar look to this:


And this is the pattern I had in my file:
Close enough to adapt into the shape she wanted.  We simply removed the sleeves and pockets, redrew the hem, eliminated the top ruffly bit and added a tiny ruffle around the bottom hem.   Luckily, she's short, so when we removed the excess back-waist length, we ended up with the perfect amount of space for the two big silvery buttons.  Here's what we ended up with:



She loves the vest, but doesn't seem to wear it out much... as with the cute bloomers I made to complete the look.  I'll post those later, when I have a picture of it.  It was completed quite a few months ago... it's gotta be around somewhere in her room (the black hole).   Hopefully I'll catch her when she decides to wear it for another Anime Convention or something.

No comments: