Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Mini-Wardrobe for DYT 2

I finally got my patterns and fabric choices together and am ready to post pictures!  For PR's mini-wardrobe contest, the rules require that we have only 4 items sewn/reviewed/posted in 1 month.  I've decided to construct 1 printed knit top, 1 t-shirt, 1 jeans, 1 shorts.  I'm also hoping to finish a bonus item, an ultrasuede jacket with a waterfall collar.  Similar to this one here:
I'll have to figure out how to draft the collar onto the jacket pattern I want to use, so I'm not sure if it will be done in time.  But it'll be nice to have this when the weather gets cold here.  I love the drapey, soft collar... what a challenge I'm tackling!

Here are the other pieces I hope to finish (click to enlarge):



The white will probably be changed to a different color if I can find an appropriate fabric.  If not, I'll probably end up dying it.  Maybe I can just wash it in the load with my denim and it'll be less stark.  Anyway, the contest begins soon and I'm really excited to get started.  I've been tracing and preparing patterns over the past few days.  And I'm working on getting all the supplies together.  Happy sewing adventures everyone!  :)

No comments: