Friday, May 27, 2011
So here we go... First I'll need to adapt the style to something a bit more casual. It will be used for school, not work, so I need to "casualize" it. I lowered the waistline and made an elastic facing. Then I shortened it to above the knee length and turned the button band into a zippered opening.
Then I got stuck... So I made a paper model to try and figure out how I was going to put the pieces together. Here's it is:
It was difficult to sew the zipper/gathers/ skirt bits together, but using my paper model, I figured out the sequence of putting it together. I can't tell you how I put it together, not because it's a secret, more like I don't remember. I just kept going and couldn't stop or it would break my sewing "train of thought."
And here's the finished skirt with a body in it. It's perfect for her spunkiness. And she loves it. Thats why we sew!