Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fabric Stash Contest 2012

Okay... I entered PatternReview.com's 2012 fabric stash contest.  I have way too much fabric and I can't allow myself to buy anymore till I use a fair amount.  Unless it's for work of course....

So here's my plan so far...

Hot Patterns 1121  Cote D'Azur knit top and maybe dress.
I have a yard left of a wonderful rayon/cotton knit I bought and have made at least 3 tops from it.  I can squeeze in one more + a panty.  I also have 2 1/2 yards of some blue poly knit jersey with beautiful drape that would look lovely.  If the top works out well, I'll do the dress too. 


Hot Patterns 1091 Wong-Singh-Jones Marrakesh Drawstring Pants
Brown Linen I bought several months back... Pattern is ready, just haven't got around to doing it.  This one would use about 2 1/2 yards.
Oooooo... I just found some black raw silk too...  This must be ages old.  I don't even remember purchasing it.  This would make beautiful pants!  I might make it with this instead of the linen...The linen is not as soft as I thought it would be.

Simplicity 2860  Amazing Fit Pants
I know I have some black fabric somewhere...  It's a staple. If I can't find it, I still have more brown linen.  I'll make a pair for my daughter, maybe myself.  That'll use another 2 yards.



New Look 6952 Shirt with hidden button opening.
I have some light blue stretch poplin I bought some time ago.  It would be perfect and will use up another 11/2 yards.  And if I can squeeze the sleeveless version onto this beautiful linen print, I'll do that too.  I only have 1 yard of that one.

Hopeful Total:  10 1/2 yards

But then of course, that's only if work doesn't pick up.  Right now it's a little slow, but I still plan on working on some shop items in the mornings, along with a few items I'm working on for clients  (a set of aloha shirts and a vest).  I've been saving my personal sewing for afternoons, while I'm helping my son with homework.  His work area is right next to my sewing space... how convenient!  :)  So if I focus on my stuff while he works, I can get quite a bit done.

Happy sewing in 2012 everyone!

No comments: