Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Duvet cover and Pillows

Thank God for the stash contest on PR.  I had all this wonderful fabric waiting to be made into something useful and FINALLY!  I got to work on it.

So here's a peek at my duvet cover made with a beautiful butterfly batik I found at Walmart quite a while ago... I can't remember when, but it must've been around the time I was into making shower curtains because there's only enough for a shower curtain.  I had this, plus another similar butterfly batik (I must've forgotten about buying the first one), several sashiko medallions I had made, and some leftover linen/cotton from my wedding.  The only thing I had to buy were 15 coconut buttons at 4/$1.00.  Wow.

Here are the pillows I made to match the duvet cover.

These have invisible zipper openings,  (see if you can find it in the first picture below), and the two different butterfly fabrics.  I also used the last of my navy linen to make the piping.  I had to use the second butterfly fabric when I ran out of the first.  But boy... I like it!  All of it was in my stash... including the zippers, so shopping my stash paid off!  :D  I'm happy!

I'm working on another set in barkcloth and linen for my daughter's bedroom and will include a better picture of my duvet cover and a simple tutorial next time.

No comments: